An Air purifier basically works by drawing all the air in the machine, The machine is composed of various parts that then clean the air as it moves in them. These purifiers are essential with people who have allergies or have asthma or its symptoms, these purifiers clean the air and provide the user and healthier air to breathe, we will go through what you need to check before buying an air purifier and even go through most of the types of air purifiers so you won’t face any issues when purchasing a new one.
When you are making the decision to buy an air purifier you might want to look for these things:
An essential part of the air purifier is its “filter” as it is the reasons why we get to breathe healthy air, it’s important to look for a purifier with filter change alert, as over time it might collect a lot of waste and not be able to do so anymore.
The next would be its air-exchange rate go for the higher values, the air purifier with higher air exchange rate will purify your room at faster speed. For an empty space or a room, getting one with dust sensor would be a good solution, with this you might have to compromise on the speed and some other factors but it will help you know the quality of the air you are breathing, with higher fan speed you can get better and faster air purification but it accompanies more noise than the fan makes.
Keep a lookout for HEPA filtration, it’s the most used filtration used for removing allergens and some other small harmful particles from the air. there are other filters that have been developed to mimic the uses of this one which you can use if you have a tight budget.
Quick tips to select best air purifier.
There are things to consider before you buy purifiers make sure that you consider these before you purchase one:
1.If one of your reasons for getting a new one allergies or symptoms of asthma then you should go for the best money can buy you, but if your symptoms are that serious and you just need it for regular use then you can get an affordable one.
2. Which one do you need a whole house or room purified, and whether you actually need it? you might notice the difference by using some other less pricey method like getting a good quality furnace filter for your household unit. But if you are sure then you can go for a good quality whole house purifier.
3. Space is something that you have to figure out before you purchase one as they tend to be a little on the heavier side.
4. Then you might want to factor in the room that you need the air purifier for, if it is for your bedroom choose the one that makes the least noise, or if it’s for your hall try one that has speed adjustment settings, you can always use the high setting for reducing the noise.
Home air purifier
Once you have installed a home purifier you will notice the difference in the air you breathe almost instantly, these air purifiers come equipped with some best filtration technologies like dust sensors and filter change alert which we have covered.For purification of in a house which has multiple rooms or a single one, a home purifier might work out best for you depending on the size of your rooms you can choose one that will help you get rid of the smallest dust particles and even pet hairs that only someone with pets would understand.
Car Air Purifier
Similar to home purifies car purifier make use of filters, there are various companies that provide different models and the effects of each one are slightly different or vastly different it all depends on the technologies being used, if you get one with Hepa filtration it will do a great job of getting rid of the allergens and bacteria but you will still have a car that smells like whatever you ate in it. a car air purifier with more than one filtering stages works best for car purification, so it might be good to look for one that has more.
Room Air Purifier
Room purifier would be much suited for you needs if you need one for a tiny space and not your whole house, you can forego whole house purifiers which are sure to cost way more than a room purifier. You might think that it’s not necessary to use a room purifier but there are bacteria and allergens which if you are exposed to constantly might trigger allergic reactions or symptoms of asthma so it’s better to be prepared rather than taking chance with your health. And a room purifier is not that expensive you can find one within your budget.
Air purifier for allergies
HEPA is a term you might have heard if you have been doing some research into getting an air purifier that takes care of allergens and distributes fresh and germ-free air to your room or environment. It is one of the popular air filtration techniques there are some lesser known filtration methods which have been developed based on HEPA but if you are someone who has severe allergies then HEPA is the perfect solution’s in that case. For people with mild allergies, other filters might work as well so they don’t need to spend a large amount of HEPA equipped purifier.
Portable air purifier
A portable air purifier is cheaper, lightweight, and little in size but it provides excellent purifying services, lets say you are in a dorm room, a small office, a hotel room, or your car you can use this single air purifier at all these places without having to spend an enormous amount for getting one for each of these places which can be waste of money and time. some of you might wonder if it really works, don’t let its size fool you it works just great and you will get to breathe in clean air.
UV Air Purifier
UV air purifiers are mostly used by in hospital environment to get rid of particles which do so, by reducing or eliminating airflow. Most the UV air purifiers are built in a great a way and won’t have any side effects such lung damage which is what you might face if you don’t do proper research and just grab one. Although not a lot of people prefer using UV air purifiers they are useful in their own way.
Air Purifier for Smoke
Many of you might have been to a place that provides a smoking room, some of the places take measure to eliminate this smoke like making use of an air purifiers so that room will not smell like smoke even after the occupant leaves, it could be good for smokers who want to get rid of the smoke from their houses or can be used in cars so that your seats won’t smell like smoke.
Top 10 Best Rated Home Air Purifiers For 2019
Top 10 Best Reviews of Home Air Purifiers For 2019
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
- Amazon A-to-Z Purchase Protection & Rabbit Air No-Hassle Return Policy with Super Fast Shipping
- BioGS HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
- 5 Year Warranty with Free Shipping and 24/7 Customer Support
LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier with True Hepa Filter
- Designed in California. 100% ozone free, does not use UV or ions which produce trace amounts of measurable ozone, a harmful air pollutant
- 3 Stage Filtration System: Pre-filter, TRUE HEPA Filter & Activated Carbon Filter. It removes 99. 97% of dust, smoke, allergies, smokers, odor, mold spores, pollen and pet dander; filters particles as small as 0. 3 microns and larger and filters air pollution of PM 2. 5
- 3 Speed Settings (low, medium, and high) provide options for various conditions
- Quietly operates throughout the night, and has a gentle night light with two brightness settings
- Unique size and contemporary design makes it a perfect fit in smaller rooms or office spaces. The perfect gift for family, friends, and office mates
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover,
- HEPA AIR PURIFIER FROM HONEYWELL: Recommended for x-large rooms (465 sq. ft.) this air purifier help capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, like pet dander, pollen, dust, mold & smoke. Also helps capture certain germs & odors; 3 air cleaning levels plus Turbo Clean setting
- REDUCE ALLERGENS: Do you or your kids have allergies? Do you have pets, or live with a smoker? Using an air purifier that helps remove allergens from the air may help you breathe easier, so you can enjoy sleeping & relaxing more comfortably in your home
- FILTER AND CIRCULATE AIR 5 TIMES AN HOUR: Honeywell Air Purifiers filter and circulate air in the stated room size up to 5 times an hour, so you can relax and breathe easy, knowing the air in your home is fresher, cleaner, and contains fewer allergens
- HONEYWELL AIR PURIFIERS: Use Certified HEPA filters in your air purifier to remove allergens, dust & other particles from your air. If you have allergies or pets, air purifiers don't just freshen air, but remove airborne particles to improve air quality
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Improve your air quality with Honeywell air cleaners, odor reducers, and air purifiers. Compare to similar products from Germ Guardian, Dyson, Holmes, Levoit, Molekule, Blueair, Winix, Coway, Oreck, AirMega, RabbitAir, and Rowenta
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA,
- True-HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors.
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants - with no harmful ozone.
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night-time operation.
- CADR rated for 360 sq. ft. room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens.
AIRMEGA 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier
- Smart mode (auto-speed, Eco)
- App. Enabled for iOS, android (speed control, indoor air quality monitor and report, outdoor air quality monitor, filter life-time monitor, scheduler, etc.)
- Real time air quality Monitoring system
- Filter Life time indicator. Filter : Washable pre-filter + Max2 filter set (Activated carbon + Green True HEPA)
- Room coverage: up to 1,256 Sq. Ft
Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier
- 99-Percent HEPA filtration permanent filter saves up to $49 a year versus comparable replacement filter
- Two replaceable carbon zeolite filters eliminate pet odors
- Proven zeolite technology eliminates pet odors
- Effective performance for 140 square foot rooms
- Vacuum-clean permanent HEPA filter
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
- True HEPA Filtration captures 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Washable advanced odor control carbon filter especially formulated to capture offensive pet odors as well as smoke, cooking and other household odors.
- Washable Pre-Filter extends the life to your filter by capturing Pet Hair and larger airborne particles.
- PlasmaWave technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odors, and gases in the air
- Smart Sensors with Auto-Mode. Odor, Dust and Light Sensors automatically adjust your air cleaner settings to meet the needs of your environment.
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Pre-filter is washable and permanent, designed to catch larger dust particles
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
- Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically optimizes the speed setting 1 through 3 based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and set as Eco mode to save energy.
GermGuardian AC5000 28” 3-in-1 Large Room Air Purifier,
- TRAPS ALLERGENS: HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as .3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens.
- REDUCES ODORS: Charcoal filter reduces common odors from pets, smoking and cooking.
- FIGHTS GERMS: Optional UV-C light technology works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores. Carb Compliant.
- AHAM VERIFIED AND ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED: 28 inch 3 speed tower is best used for rooms up to 180 Sq. Ft. Filters and circulates room air over 4x per hour. The higher the CADR the faster the unit filters the air. CADR Dust (123), Pollen (128) and Smoke (116).
- Filter Replacement Reminder: Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product; Replacement filter is filter C (model FLT5000). To lengthen the life of your filter, a 4 pack of the carbon filters is also available (model FLT28CB4). IMPORTANT: Use genuine Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance. 5 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Alen Customizable Air Purifier
- PURE AIR FOR LIFE: We understand things happen, which is why Alen offers the industry's first and only Lifetime Warranty
- YOU'LL RECEIVE: 1 BreatheSmart Classic Air Purifier, 1 HEPA-Pure filter best for removing allergens, pet dander, and dust
- POWERFUL COVERAGE: BreatheSmart Classic is perfect for family rooms and other large, open-concept spaces up to 1100 SqFt
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: 15 diverse panel options that fit seamlessly into your home, no matter your style
- RESTFUL SLEEP: Generates soothing white, pink, red noise that gently masks disruptive sounds for a peaceful night's sleep
We have gone through some of the most popular purifiers and we have seen what makes them stand out and how effective they are the main goal was to help you understand what you need to look for when you decide to purchase one, as discussed already you will have to take note of things like size of the room and cost is one of the important factors go for the one that covers most of your needs.